The Charanga Musical School Scheme provides teachers with week-by-week lessons for each year group in the school from ages 5-11.
It is ideal for specialist and non-specialist teachers and provides lesson plans, assessment, clear progression, and engaging and exciting whiteboard resources for every lesson. The Scheme supports all the requirements of the national curriculum and is in line with published Ofsted guidance.
Musical School Learning
The learning within this Scheme is based on: Listening and Appraising; Musical Activities — creating and exploring; and Singing and Performing. Everything is clearly and simply explained and the planning support is extensive.
Interactive Teaching Resources
Because the on-screen resources are so visual and supportive and everything is at your fingertips, every lesson is full of music and the children enjoy every moment.
What teachers say
"Musical School has given my staff the confidence and the resources to deliver exciting music lessons. The sessions are quick and easy to organise and can successfully be taught by non- music specialists. The children clearly enjoy the dynamic, fun and stimulating sessions and our teachers are learning valuable new skills."
--Julie Brown, Headteacher
"I think Charanga is absolutely fantastic. I use the rhythm grids as a starter activity in all my classes and the pupils’ understanding of rhythm, the accuracy with which they perform has really improved. I use the recorder course with my clubs and they love all the songs. This half term I’m also teaching the hip hop topic with my y6s and it’s going really well. I look forward to some more exciting resources."
--Yvette Cooper, Music Teacher
Good to know
- The Scheme guarantees you’re teaching the national curriculum for music in full.
- Anyone can teach with this Scheme because the on-screen resources give you so much support.
- “High quality”, “fun to teach” and “the children love it” are the things teachers say most about this Charanga Scheme.
- The Scheme has lesson plans, assessment, and stunning resources for every lesson across the whole school.
- A simple low-cost annual fee for your school includes unlimited access for every teacher.
- Use online OR download with no limits and no extra payments.
- For those occasions when you need the backing tracks for performances, there’s also a free Scheme Songs app with everything you’ll need.