Our vision is for all children and young people in the city, whatever their background, to be able to engage with, enjoy, and inspired by high quality music and arts opportunities.
- To encourage young people to access and participate in music activities through personalised and targeted programmes
- To support all children and young people in achieving their potential through the delivery of high quality, creative and innovative learning opportunities in music
- To support children and young people in sharing, communicating, and celebrating their achievements in music
- To work in partnership with parents/carers, and to ensure that we provide appropriate support and information
- To work with all schools and strategic partners to raise standards in music
- To maximise the potential provided by collaborative working across SoundCity: Brighton & Hove
Did you know?
Music has the potential to transform lives. Whether it is through the enjoyment of mastering instrumental and vocal skills, the excitement of developing creative ideas, the experience of seeing and hearing world class musicians or the thrill of performing, getting involved in music can be a truly fulfilling and lifelong experience.
- Music improves learning skills
- Music is an educational building block
- Music builds life skills
- Music fosters team working
- Music boosts pupil and social development
- Music underpins better behaviour
What We Offer
Our Music Groups and Centre offer something for everyone including:
- Instrumental ensembles
- Orchestras and bands
- Music technology
- Music, film & animation
- Children’s Music Workshops for 5-year-olds and a range of choirs